Editing and proofreading are different services provided by professional writing services. It is important for you to understand the difference between proofreading and editing services, so that you will be able to make the right choices as per your specific requirements.
What is editing?
Editing process includes proactive process, where the editors will not only make the corrections on the works that you provide, they will also suggest the necessary changes, which can help in the improving the essay in a holistic manner.
They might ask you to make changes on the language usage and expressions. They also ensure that there is consistency and proper flow of information provided, to the end readers.
In the end, the expressions will be so clear that it will enhance the overall readability aspect of the essay. Editing makes sure that the English language you use, makes the right impression.
Key things editor considers, while editing
- Have you selected proper words to express your concept?
- Is there any passive voice used? Certainly writing in active voice always is inappropriate, but too much passive cannot persuade readers to read further.
- Is tone proper?
- Are unnecessary, frivolous words used?
- Is the gendered language used properly?
- Are there any grammatical errors?
- Are the formatting and referencing style fulfilled as required?
- Does the essay convey the proper information to the targeted readers?
When it comes to writing essays, the quality of language and substance will basically make the difference between success and failure. As an author, you will need to display high writing standards, be clear and more persuasive to the arguments you make. Your brilliant ideas are useless, if writing is not fluent, steady, and error-free.
What is proofreading?
Proofreading is less focused than editing. However, it has a crucial role. It is a process of making corrections to different errors like grammar, punctuations, spelling, and language mistakes. Actually, proofreading comes as the last step, after the editing is over. It is a good practice to proofread the essays at least 2 times, before making the final submissions.
Key things proofreader considers while proofreading
- Are there any spelling mistakes?
- Words that sound similar but differ in meanings used correctly
- Are the commas, colon, full-stops, etc. applied accurately?
- Are there double space errors, especially after full stops?
- Have apostrophe’s and quotation marks been used correctly?
To write clearly, it is necessary to avoid punctuation, spelling, and grammatical errors, In addition, inconsistent language can undermine the expected impact of writing and the author’s credibility.
What to select – editing or proofreading?
Both are different jobs. Editing is an opportunity to enhance your writing and proofreading is final verification to ensure perfection before submission or publication.
Confident student writers with self-edition skills may just need a professional proofreader to remove surface errors. Some incapable students can opt for professional writers to have their essay or thesis written. They can get help in writing editing, and proofreading online. Just visit Essay2Go and engage well-versed and knowledgeable writers for top standard writing task.